The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV and related chronic diseases. We envision a world in which people living with HIV and related chronic diseases will thrive, and new HIV infections will be rare. Our work focuses on improving health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, and being a bold voice for change.
In order to achieve our goals, we are seeking for an individual to serve as our Quality Assurance/Improvement Coordinator. The Quality Assurance/Improvement Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating and facilitating the quality assurance, management and improvement of case management programs. This position will be responsible for ensuring all subcontractors implement a quality management plan with emphasis placed on quality indicators for service provision.
The Quality Assurance/Improvement Coordinator will assist the Ryan White Program Manager in managing and monitoring client level data in the database to ensure that eligible clients are retained in care and to ensure ongoing effectiveness of quality services and documentation. The Quality Assurance/Improvement Coordinator will also be responsible for participating in the AFC Quality Improvement Team, have oversight for the overall quality and quantity of care services provided, and implement quality assurance measures as related to all care services.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Program Coordination and Quality Assurance
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance system for services funded through Part A and Part B of the Ryan White Care Act;
- Assist the Ryan White Program Manager in conducting Annual Site Performance reviews;
- Identify subcontractors’ organizational difficulties preventing the accomplishment of service objectives and proper documentation;
- Assist subcontractors in creating action plans to address identified barriers and/or issues;
- Assist subcontractors in developing Continuous Quality Improvement plans including methodology, philosophy, timeframe, and specific indicators with referenced policies and procedures;
- Update Quality Improvement policies and procedures for subcontractors implementing HRSA, State and local funders guidelines;
- Conduct quarterly chart reviews in AFC’s client level database to ensure case manager data entry compliance;
- Travel to all funded agencies with RW program manager to conduct annual site visits.
Data Monitoring and Quality Improvement
- Use data on measurable outcomes and service quality indicators to develop quality improvement goals and determine progress;
- Collaborate with Care team to identify and prioritize client outcomes’ measures and interventions;
- Monitor agency dashboards and suggest improvement plans;
- Monitor trends in service provision and costs for all service categories.
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Attend and actively participate in required departmental, committee, and staff meetings (i.e., monthly Care Team meetings, Contract Administrators’ meetings);
- Maintain job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations (i.e., National Quality Center);
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field AND 2 or more years of Quality Management experience
PLUS 1 or more years’ experience using a client-level database (for example, Provide)
PLUS 1 experience using intermediate Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Master’s degree in Social Services or related field AND 2 or more years of Quality Management experience
1 or more years’ experience using Microsoft SQL, Crystal Reports
Published and/or presented research or evaluation findings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff co-workers, and vendors. Knowledge of quality control policies and procedures. This includes the ability to monitor process and/or data quality, and quality standards. The ability to breakdown complex processes to identify quality improvements and put measurements in place.
Strong time management skills including the ability to prioritize, coordinate, and organize tasks to maximize productivity, and maintain focus on short and long term goals while dealing with distractions and interruptions. The ability to establish and maintain rapport with current and potential customers and strong verbal/written communication skills are key to success in this role.
Send cover letter and resume to: Email to: email@example.com, via mail to AIDS Foundation of Chicago, 200 West Jackson Suite 2100 Chicago, IL 60606, or via fax to (312) 784-9054.
Please reference position code PROG QAIC 212
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.