Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) Estimating and Pricing is seeking a strong candidate for a Proposal Excellence lead position. The qualified candidate will lead application development and application support sustainment activities and tools to drive continuous operational improvement leading towards end to end process optimization. The candidate will also provide cross enterprise leadership concerning compliance regulation and provide the oversight and guidance necessary to comply with customer, company and business objectives. The candidate will also develop and coordinate a Training plan for E&P.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Drive continuous process improvement
- Manage E&P tools requirements and application development initiatives that satisfy customer and business needs.
- Manage organizational operational budgets including project EVMS and sustainment AOP
- Manage the development of meaningful metrics that identify opportunities and quantify results
- Develop team maturity and system health models that achieve operational excellence
- Orchestrate/Initiate system integration strategies, develop and execute short and long term organizational roadmaps
- Identify Business opportunities that support cost effective organizational growth
- Develop and maintain a uniform, cross business compliance model that promotes mission success
- Coordinate and execute special projects as appropriate
- Manage and coordinate all E&P compliance requirements, and develop and coordinate training and development
The candidate will be responsible for the operational sustainment support, planned enhancements, and tool life cycle management of the full suite of Finance Estimating & Pricing tools and applications. The position is charged with developing applicable tool / technology roadmaps, providing usage recommendations and driving tool migration, retirement, or enterprise adoption of Estimating & Pricing applications and tools. The successful candidate will proactively develop and lead the team which is charged with delivering productivity tools for Proposal Analysts and Estimators. Additionally, the team will develop applicable performance metrics and improvement strategies around those metrics as well as drive compliance consistency across the enterprise.
The organization will: create integrated roadmaps; be responsible for developing strategies that ensure end to end synergies with other processes and systems; conduct current and future state analyses and initiate appropriate implementation plans; and be accountable for developing organizational growth plans that are linked to the GBS Pricing strategies and roadmaps. The candidate will need to effectively communicate/interact with estimating and pricing leadership in the development and the implementation of enterprise wide estimating and pricing policies and practices. The organization will be responsible for tool life cycle management including application sustainment support. Life cycle accountability will not only include the maintenance and development of existing and new software, but will also include the guidance and the oversight necessary to coordinate a realistic business case which results in project approval by the appropriate business and corporate leadership. Oversight includes management of user requirements, system design, software development, and acceptance test, for all application deployment activities that include new capabilities, new features to existing tools and ongoing system enhancements.
The candidate will be responsible for application 24/7 sustainment support. The support model will include functional and technical support for both classified and non-classified environments. Responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day user issue resolution
- Oversight of technical system performance
- Communications to users on significant application changes or planned system maintenance
- Oversight of the Change Management and Change Review Boards
- Coordination of Training
The candidate will be responsible for estimating system compliance. Responsibilities include establishment, improvement, and control of existing proposal compliance processes, procedures, and regulations. Additionally the organization is responsible for organizing and administering targeted compliance training as needed. They will be accountable for the quality of proposals submitted to our Customers through the establishment of proposal self-audit programs or similar oversight and control activities.