IDA is a federally-funded research and development center that produces objective, high-impact analyses for the Department of Defense (DoD). IDA prides itself on the quality and timeliness of these analyses, and its multi-disciplinary problem-solving approach. The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) is the largest division at IDA. Its primary task is to support the DoD in evaluating how effective, suitable, and survivable weapons systems and other major defense systems are under operationally realistic conditions.
Currently, OED is seeking a Research Staff Member to join our test science team in Alexandria, VA.
- Assist in the design, planning, and observation of operational tests (e.g., develop survey instruments and administration plans, leverage experimental design principles, produce power calculations)
- Provide quantitative analytic support to the government sponsor and other researchers within OED (e.g., data management, statistical analysis of human and system performance data)
- Assist in the preparation of documents (e.g., briefings and reports on the design, conduct, and findings of operational tests, graphs that clearly present findings from analyses, meeting materials)
- Communicate information about test design methods and findings from operational tests to the government sponsor in a clear, professional manner
- Develop methods for dealing with the challenges of operational testing and improving data quality (e.g., small sample sizes, safety constraints, operational realism)
- Develop materials to educate the operational test community (e.g., quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques, test design methods, survey methods)