Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business, finance or a similar area relevant to grant administration, and three-five (3-5) years of professional experience in sponsored programs in an academic, non-profit or equivalent setting is required. Demonstrated financial management experience required. Experience with proposal submission and RFPs, as well as post-award functions involving several types of award mechanisms, including grants, contracts, sub-contracts and cooperative agreements required. Membership in professional organizations, such as Society of Research Administrators (SRA) and/or National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) preferred. Certified Research Administrator (CRA) is preferred. Familiarity with: human-subject compliance, intellectual property, conflict of interest, procurement, property management, environmental health and safety, and human resources is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and proficiency with PeopleSoft or a similar robust financial accounting system;
- Working knowledge of OMB circulars for institutions of higher education or non-profit organizations;
- Skill in the use of electronic sponsored program services systems is requisite (e.g. Grants.gov, eCommons);
- Ability to understand and apply university policies and procedures, as well as the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, sub-recipients;
- Ability to work independently within the department and with other central administrative units of the university;
- Ability to obtain information from the enterprise database system and to understand sponsored program financial reports and related documents;
- Ability to understand and use electronic sponsored programs services (e.g. Grants.gov, NSF Fastlane, eCommons);
- Ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare summary reports;
- Ability to act with discretion and judgment and maintenance of confidentiality is vital;
- Ability to be flexible and highly organized;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment especially during proposal submission process and in response to audit requests;
- Ability to develop project workflow and timeline documents;
- Effective analytical and creative problem solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews:
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
- Professional Union.
- Full time. Benefited.
- Unrestricted funding.
- Grade 31, salary associated to Grade 32 (see link below for salary chart).
Only Internal Professional Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 7 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Closing date for applications: April 18, 2017.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.