Master's Degree in Nursing, or current enrollment in a graduate nursing program, and a minimum of three-five (3-5) years of adult or pediatric acute or critical care nursing experience is required. Current Massachusetts RN License is required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred. Experience participating in or facilitating high-fidelity simulation in nursing practice or education is preferred. Academic and/or clinical teaching experience is preferred. Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, which could include evening and weekend work.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing nursing practice;
- Knowledge of software applications, including office software and database management;
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work in a team capacity with a broad range of staff to accomplish departmental and program goals;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Ability to work under pressure and under timeframes;
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time;
- Ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and recommendations;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals;
- Strong problem solving skills, organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews:
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
- Professional Union.
- Part-Time. 18.75 hours/week. Benefited.
- Unrestricted funding.
- Grade 32 (see link below for salary chart).
Only Internal Professional Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 7 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Closing date for applications: April 18, 2017.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.