NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Magnet Program Director.
In this role, the successful candidate The Magnet Program Director assumes hospital-wide responsibility for coordinating all aspects of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program including the application, designation, and re-designation process.
- Contributes to the achievement of the hospitals mission through the development and leadership of performance improvement activities related to Magnet designation status.
- Assumes organization wide responsibility for coordinating all aspects of the ANCC Magnet application, designation, and maintenance process. Design/implement unit-based in-service, programs based on organizational, unit specific or individual learning needs and promote staff involvement in the implementation of these programs in accordance with Magnet Standards/Guidelines and implements processes to improve patient safety and prevent or minimize safety related events
- Acts as an expert in Magnet standards and proactive in the identification of exemplars and collection of evidence.
- Develops the application, writes the final document including the submission of all required documents.
- Facilitates and oversees the preparation of documentation, policies, research and informational sessions relative to maintaining Magnet status. Facilitates the understanding and integration of Magnet recommendations into outcome achievement.
- Serves as the Magnet advisor to the nursing leadership team, the Chair of the Magnet Steering committee, and functions as a liaison to hospital departments and consultative resource for administration, nursing, non-nursing employees, physicians, and community.
- Assists the Nursing Quality Team in the analysis & interpretation of the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) for patient outcomes and nurse satisfaction.
- Promulgates the inclusion of other departments & disciplines as essential for and contributory to re-designation.
- Carries out the Director responsibilities in collaboration with the CNO, Nursing Executive Council, Director of Nursing Quality & Education, Director Outcomes Research & Program Evaluation as well as Magnet Champions.
- Assures continual compliance with regulations and accreditation standards through monitoring activities, design and implementation of strategies to enhance Shared Governance.
- Masters in Nursing
- NYS license and registration as a Registered Nurse
- Previous experience as Magnet Program Director in a Magnet designated facility
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and management skills. Excellent writing skills and exceptional presentation skills
- Must be strong in computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Is innovative and creative, able to inspire and develop others
- Capable of multitasking (juggling priorities) and meeting or exceeding goals within identified time frames
- Certification in speciality area desirable
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.