Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
SoBran is seeking a Research Support Specialist III to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are that of a Research Support Specialist II for the NIH, Vaccine Research Center (VRC) Laboratory Animal Research Contract (LARC).
Description of Duties:
- Understands and follow all SOP’s and Quality Assurance Standards
- Coordinate and conduct animal studies at VRC contract/shared animal facilities
- Schedule and coordinate Master Sampling Schedule for Animal Studies
- Assist in preparing immunogens for delivery into animal models
- Perform basic and advanced technical procedures (e.g. injections, blood, mucus and tissue collection, etc.) in support of VRC research studies as needed
- Assist Project Manager with project needs which include scheduling, helping to prepare for procedures, solve everyday problems with minimal supervision, while maintaining an air of professionalism
- Assist in maintaining laboratory equipment and technical support areas
- Calculate doses
- Always think safety first when performing daily duties
- Perform all technical procedures in accordance with federal and facility policies
- Work independently and interact with all levels of the organization
- Assume shared responsibilities with other defined staff in the absence of the Project Manager
- Maintain accurate records of technical procedures
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
Schedule Requirements: Work hours are from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm M-F. In addition, extra hours are required during an emergency situation or if any unexpected situation arise until work is completed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a laboratory animal research environment
- Highly professional, focused, and a quick learner
- Excellent communication skills and accurate lab record keeping a must
- Specific computer knowledge, use of databases such as Access
- B.S. or M.S. (preferred) degree in a scientific discipline or have a B.S. or AA degree and practical lab experience in the required position
- AALAS Certification at the LATG Level (or achieving this certification within 1 year of employment)
Compensation: Commensurate with education/experience
SoBran, is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.