Growing Home’s Development Department seeks a Development Associate to support all fundraising activities including grant, donor, and event management; communications; management of our Board of Directors’ fundraising activities; and management of our Associate Board. Growing Home, Inc. is a Chicago-based nonprofit with a mission to operate, promote, and demonstrate the use of organic agriculture as a vehicle for job training, employment, and community development.
The Development Department works primarily out of the Growing Home administrative office at 2732 N. Clark Street, but the Development Associate should also expect to spend an average of one day per week at our Wood St. Farm, located at 5814 S. Wood Street. The position is full-time at 40 hours per week, typically 9am-5pm, with some evening and weekend hours required. The Associate reports directly to the Development Director; the department is also supported by a Development Assistant.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Grants Management: The Associate is responsible for preparing grant proposals and reports for private and government grants, gathering grant content needed from program staff and other sources, and tracking the grant calendar. They will also participate in grant prospect research and relationship development.
- Donor Management: The Associate will assist the director in managing our annual mailed campaign and donor communications throughout the year. The Associate will also help prepare mid-year and yearly in-depth reports on our individual giving program using our GiftWorks database.
- Communications: The Associate is responsible for gathering content, writing, and designing our e-newsletters using Constant Contact. They are also responsible for updating our website using WordPress and assisting the director with printed materials such as the annual report.
- Events Management: The Associate is responsible for supporting the development director with coordination of all logistics for major fundraising events and manages smaller events independently. Event duties include soliciting in-kind support and sponsorships, developing program and messaging, volunteer management, on-site coordination, and event follow-up.
- Board Management: The Associate is responsible for supporting the director in leading the Board of Director’s fundraising committees and activities, and taking minutes at board meetings. The Associate will also support the director in leading the Associate Board, and manage some of their activities and committees independently.
- Other duties as assigned by development director
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of 1-3 pages to April Harrington, Development Director, at email@example.com. The subject line should read “Development Associate” and all three components should be attached as a single .pdf titled “[first initial, last name]DA.pdf.” For example: “AHarringtonDA.pdf”. Mailed, hand-delivered, or messengered applications, and incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls please.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 14th, 2017. The position will start on May 10th.