Melwood is seeking a Director of Development to join our External Affairs team. The successful candidate is a seasoned Fund Development professional with strong fundraising skills and demonstrated experience in building long-term and strategic relationships. Reporting directly to the Vice President External Affairs, the Director will manage the fund development team to realize goals that reflect and support an aggressive strategic growth initiative.
In order to ensure that rapidly growing service demands are met for people with differing abilities, Melwood is seeking a leader to significantly increase and diversify revenue streams, manage donor relationships, develop strategies and oversee execution, and ensure targeted outreach, cultivation and stewardship of donor relationships. An emphasis is placed on growing new funders and funding sources, elevating giving levels among current donors, and increasing annual contributions.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to,
- Lead and manage a fund development team that significantly increases and diversifies revenue streams (including cash gifts, gifts of stock and deferred gifts, grant, peer-to-peer, online giving, cause related marketing, sponsorships and employee giving, etc.);
- Develop and execute strategies to grow the donor pipeline and ensure revenue goals are met by engaging or renewing support from governmental agencies, corporations and businesses, foundations and individuals;
- Build on and implement new processes to execute a comprehensive and fully integrated fund development program with a focus on increasing sustainable giving, major gifts, and corporate support;
- Liaise with federal, state and local government representatives, veteran service organizations, non-profit organization, major individuals, and all other interested stake holders the department may partner with in its outreach efforts;
- Develop and track high-level proposals and accurate reports to meet internal and external giving requirements including target/revenue reporting, interim and final reporting, stewardship reporting, narratives and budgets, prospect pipeline status, executive briefings, etc..
- Spearhead collaboration with Melwood departments to conceptualize strategies, and prospect and market programs and services to ensure targeted proposals and program driven funding;
- Support the Communications division with subject matter research, human interest stories and personal profile for op-eds and other writing projects tied to key marketing and communication campaigns and initiatives.