| Job Description: |
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for its international businesses and is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, the company offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
The Regional Security manager for North Asia will be based either in Hong Kong or Tokyo, Japan. The geographical coverage includes Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. He/she is responsible for handling of security issues in regards to the protection of all Bank of America Merrill Lynch assets (people, property, operations and reputation) within his/her area of responsibility. The individual will be responsible for providing timely and accurate security advice, credible intelligence, threat assessment and recommendation to the business and leadership team to support incident and crisis management. The regional security manager is also expected to provide investigative support to the business, develop cost effective security plans, risk mitigating strategies and provide training and guidance on life safety issues and emergency response protocols. In addition, the role includes assisting in the implementation of enterprise security standards and guidelines to meet regulatory requirement. The regional security manager is expected to have a strong network of local/regional security community and establish a good working relationship with local/regional authorities and law enforcement agencies to support the business needs.
The regional security manager will report to the APAC Corporate Security Executive and will have a dotted line to the local country executive or COO. He/She would have 3 direct reports under them, namely Protective Services Manager for Japan and Korea, Protective Services Manager for China and Protective Services Manager for Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and assess regional risks and develop plans to mitigate key exposures to people, operations, assets, information, intellectual property, and reputation.
- Provide regular assessments/updates on geo-political changes in the region that may affect BAML's business environment.
- Provide security consultancy and support to the local/regional business leadership.
- Perform security risk assessments based on vulnerability criteria to determine appropriate levels of protection and security necessary for business sites and events.
- Ensure reputational risk and impact to business are addressed when implementing security measures.
Security and Crisis Management
- Recommend and coordinate with procurement and sourcing partners on security technology projects to support our security programs in the region.
- Responsible for implementation of security procedures and programs to prevent, detect and respond to security situations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external peers to enhance the efficiency of security operations.
- Develop and support emergency response teams and manage the security function for incident/emergency response exercises (e.g. building evacuation drills), and corporate events and conferences.
- Develop a robust warden system within the location / sites.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and implementing security emergency management procedures and plans.
- Support in implementing safety and security awareness programs. e.g. information security, personal security programs, travel security, new employee orientation.
- Ensure security risks are communicated to the leadership / LOB and provide guidance in developing a response / mitigation plan.
- Support / conduct investigations in support of Global Financial Crimes, GIS, HR, and Compliance.
- Support / provide executive protective services during VIP visits.
- Support business continuity plans for local sites in close cooperation with GBCR leadership.
- Ensure security requirements are considered during planning and implementation of new projects / business expansion (e.g. new business locations, work area recovery centers, data centers).
- Point of contact for security advice for all capital projects in North Asia.
- Assist / guide Management in assessing new security technologies.
- Perform special projects as required (e.g. development of training courses, meeting with auditors and regulators.
Working with Contractors / Vendor Management
- Manage and accountable for the North Asia regional guard force and security consultant services.
- Ensure security service providers meet all the SLAs specified in the contract.
- Ensure compliance of outsourced security service providers to local government regulations on security, labour laws and other statutes.
- Establish regular liaison and contact with government/regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies at the local/regional level.
- Ensure regular engagement with security network and exchange of information and best practices to protect the bank's people assets and reputation.
- Liaison with the intelligence security network and peers from similar industry and beyond.
- Liaison with US embassy / consulate as and when required.
Job requirement, language ability and preferred pre-requisites
- The job may require occasional regional travel and operational readiness at all times
- Capacity for highly collaborative work and reputation for integrity
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and duo-lingual is desirable (strong in English, proficient in either Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese)
- Passionate, competent and resourceful leader with a strong security network
- Ability to perform under intense pressure
- Strong capacity for decision making
- Strong organizational abilities
- Preferably ex-military or ex-law enforcement or other security-related experience
- A graduate degree is desired but other relevant qualifications may be considered
Posting Date: 16/01/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong, JP--Tokyo
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40