- Master's or higher level degree in Nursing or Advanced Nurse Practitioner from an accredited college or university. (Please provide official transcripts at time of interview).
- Five (5) years of clinical experience in an ambulatory/correctional/hospital care setting is required.
- Five (5) years of experience in key roles in quality improvement at a system level is required.
- Previous experience with data analysis and interpretation is required.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING
- Two (2) years of leadership at a Director/Administrative level is preferred.
- Previous experience in clinical administration in ambulatory correctional hospital health care setting is preferred.
- Additional certification or coursework in quality or patient safety is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent leadership skills with operational experience in regulatory, safety, care management and related fields.
- Detailed knowledge of the regulatory environment including National Commission on Correctional Health Care and Joint Commission standards and requirements for PCMH certification.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have high standards of accuracy.
- Experience working with Cerner electronic Medical Record System.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Excel spread sheet creation and development.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
· Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER