Providence is calling a Chief Nursing Officer - LA Market to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA
In this position you will:
· Accountable for nursing and interdisciplinary leadership, strategic direction, quality and outcomes of care throughout a Providence geographic region. Advance nursing practice throughout the region.
· Establish and communicate a vision and direction for patient-centered and evidence based care delivery in an integrated and team-based context.
· Partnership with the Chief Medical Officer - LA Market , the CNO-LA leads in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the quality of clinical care across the full clinical care continuum.
· Responsible for inspiring and driving a service-oriented culture focused on superior patient experience, employee engagement, quality, patient safety, and operational efficiency. This person will drive to improve patient experience and clinical outcomes.
· Set and enforce standards for professional nursing practice; including, leadership development, educational requirements and workforce goals and targets. Continue to develop nursing workforce.
· Responsible for establishing a culture of accountability and stewardship, and for leading in removal of unnecessary clinical and practice standard variation through regional alignment of care delivery and operational practices where appropriate.
· Advocate for strategic patient care priorities with internal and external constituents and stakeholders to ensure optimal operating effectiveness, market positioning, and quality outcomes.
· Collaborate closely with PH&S system and regional colleagues to achieve system and egional quality outcomes, and priority strategic clinical initiatives.
· Serve as a member of the regional executive team, regional nursing leadership team, and the system Office of the Chief Nursing Officer.
· Obtain region wide Magnet designation.
· Reduce premium labor and turnover.
· Focus will be 20% operations, and 80% workforce development
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Master's Degree in nursing from accredited school of nursing; or relevant field.
· Current, active, and unencumbered RN license in California.
· Competent, respected and experienced nurse leader with a minimum of 10 years of progressive executive leadership in nursing and complex health care delivery systems.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
· Doctoral degree in relevant field preferred.
· Relevant nursing leadership and/or health care executive external industry certification strongly preferred.
About the Region you will serve.
The roots planted by Providence Health & Services nearly 70 years ago in Southern California run deep and have spread over the decades to bring all facets of health care to communities stretching from the arid valleys of northern Los Angeles County to the shore.
Anchored by six award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence Health & Services, Southern California Los Angeles market, provides a full spectrum of care that includes not only leading-edge diagnostics and treatment, but outpatient health centers, the well-regarded Facey Medical Group and the South Bay's Providence Medical Institute physician group, numerous outreach programs and clinics serving those in need, hospice and home care and even Providence High School in Burbank, with its Blue Ribbon college-preparatory curriculum.
Providence embraces innovation and technology and is known for outstanding programs in cancer, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's services, emergency and trauma care, pediatrics and neonatal intensive care. With more than 20,000 employees, physicians and volunteers, Providence remains committed to its core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
Providence Southern California offers a full range of services to the residents of Southern California and is composed of three geographically-focused service areas: the San Fernando Valley, the Westside Communities and the South Bay. The Los Angeles market has a $2.3 billion budget for 2016.
The region is composed of the following ministries:
San Fernando Valley:
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, with 446 licensed beds, is the second largest hospital serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys. Founded in 1943 by the Sisters of Providence, Providence Saint Joseph is known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care. The Burbank hospital, the first Providence ministry in Southern California, also offers services through its Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, Heart Center, Hycy & Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, Orthopedics Department, Women's Services and Breast Health Center.
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed Magnet facility. The hospital's signature service is its renowned Emergency and Trauma care, but Providence Holy Cross also offers a full range of specialties including oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, women's services, neonatology, acute rehabilitation and sub-acute care. And Providence Holy Cross operates outpatient centers in two neighboring communities and educational outreach to young families.
Providence Tarzana Medical Center, which joined Providence in 2008, is a 249-bed facility with an active medical staff of more than 900 physicians. The medical center established the Women's Pavilion & Resource Center in 1983, which provides women's health and maternity care in one central location. The medical center partners with the famed Children's Hospital Los Angeles in operating its pediatrics department, pediatric ICU and one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley.
The San Fernando Valley also includes Providence Saint Elizabeth Care Center, a 52-bed skilled nursing facility in North Hollywood; Providence Health Center, which includes the Cancer Center; Providence Holy Cross Imaging Center; Santa Clarita Surgery Center and Providence Laboratory Services.
South Bay Communities:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance features 442 acute care beds, with more than 900 active medical staff and 2,000 employees. The hospital has enhanced many of its specialties with advanced robotic surgeries and continues to expand a Heart Center that features advanced diagnostics and treatment around-the-clock; Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance has one of the area's first Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with private room to encourage family interaction and bonding.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed facility founded in the 1920s. While the hospital offers a full range of specialties, it has numerous signature service including addiction medicine, psychiatric care and a Center for Optimal Aging to guide the elderly through physical, mental, legal and financial issues. Providence Little Company of Mary San Pedro is a true community hospital, known for quality care and outreach in the community.
The South Bay also includes three outpatient diagnostic centers, three urgent care centers, an alternative care center, sub-acute and transitional care, chemical dependency and rehabilitation programs, and physician services.
The newest member of the Providence Southern California family is Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica. The 266-bed hospital in Santa Monica was founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth. Saint John's has been serving the Santa Monica and Westside communities since 1942 and is home to the John Wayne Cancer Institute, one of the leading cancer research centers in the nation. The hospital provides a full range of care including cardiology, orthopedics and women's care.
Other entities within Providence Health & Services, Southern California:
Providence Partners for Health (PPH) is a physician-led and governed organization for clinical integration that is designed to advance excellent care by enabling independent physicians to collaborate with Providence Southern California to achieve improved quality, efficiency, and coordination of care across the continuum to benefit patients in the communities it serves. PPH is a joint venture owned equally between physicians and Providence, with a total of 1,107 physicians representing a wide array of specialties.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 143835