Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Business Office Insurance Follow\-up Representative \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) in the Billing Office at Swedish Shared Services located in Seattle, WA
Responsible for collecting active A/R from insurance payers including by not limited to commercial, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, Uniform Medical, United Healthcare, HMO's, PPO's and other payers\.
In this position you will:
- Contact insurance payers regarding unpaid hospital claims
- Review remaining balances on accounts after insurances have paid to determine appropriate next action
- Review denials by insurances for entire claims and for line items to determine of additional follow up is needed
- Write and submit appeals
- Answer phone inquiries from patients and insurance regarding bills, charges, and account status
- Resolve issues holding up timely claim payment, including requests for medical records, coordination with Customer Service and other related departments
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Medical terminology and medical coding training
- Experience in hospital insurance billing
- Knowledge and understanding of coding classification systems
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations as they pertain to billing processes and procedures
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business Management or health care administration
- Experience with Automated Systems; Epic
- 2 yrs prior experience with Insurance Follow\- up\.
- Experience and knowledge of government and commercial Insurances
About Swedish Shared Services\.
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 147358