The Physician in the Primary Care Service at The Alaska VA Healthcare System (AVAHS) & VARIOUSother Community OutBased Clinic Sitesis an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of a patient's primary care needs or subspecialty evaluation and treatment and will maintain proficiency with the latest medical treatments and procedures via continuing medical education (CME).
- Good organizational skills which enable completion of work.
- Assume leadership in a patient centered program.
- Establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Practices, promotes and implements current safety policies and procedures.
- Assess safety needs of patients and implements opportunities to improve environmental and operational safety.
- Identifies Quality Improvement issues and participates in QI monitoring and in the evaluation of clinical practices.
- Provides age-specific care for young adults (age 20-40 years), middle adult (age 40-65), older adult (age 65-74) and geriatric patients (over 75).
Work Schedule: No more than 5 days per week, not to exceed40 hours per week. No more than 8 hours per day between the hours of 6am to 6 pm, weekends included.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Moderate lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight pulling (1 hour); Pulling hand over hand (1 hour); Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (4 hours); Standing (4 hours); Repeated bending (4 hours); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Both eyes required; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of color; Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional/mental stability.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. (PREFER BOARD CERTIFIED IN FAMILY PRACTICE OR INTERNAL MEDICINE)
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the applicationchecklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency. For more information, see http://www.sss.gov/
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IDMA or IFM (ineligible due to missing/incomplete forms). Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package.
1. Current/Updated Resume - Work experience (NOTE: You must include the following information in order to receive credit for your experience):
* Names and addresses of employers.
* Your job title.
* The beginning and ending month and year of your employment.
* A description of your duties that is sufficiently detailed to document the level of your experience. If the position is (was) with the Federal government (military or civilian), state the series and grade or pay grade (rank) and the date of last promotion. If the position is (was) in the private sector, please include salary and/or hourly wage.
* The average hours worked per week. Full-time work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the number of hours a week spent in such employment. Your supervisor's name and phone number (indicate if we may call your supervisor).
* Education: Name, location, and dates of attendance for colleges attended (if required). Type and date of degree received (if any).
* Other: Training, license(s), or certification(s) relevant to the position.
Do not submit letters of recommendation, performance appraisals, positions descriptions, examples of your work, etc. in lieu of a resume. This additional information will NOT be forwarded to the hiring facility/manager.
2. OF-306 - Declaration for Federal Employment is available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf (required).
3. VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf ) (required).
MAYBE INCLUDED IF APPLICABLE:
4. All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest NON-AWARD SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e. Excepted or Competitive).
5. All Veterans must submit a copy of your DD-214. Your copies must be legible and must show character of service and all dates of service; more than one DD-214 may be needed to show all dates of service.
6. Disabled veterans and other veterans eligible for preference must also submit an SF-15 with the required VA letter certifying a service connected disability of 10% or more dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs or from a branch of the Armed Forces.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete,do not fax the paper application (1203FX - Occupational Questionnaire Form) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1930187
2. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you are unable to apply online by 11:59 PM (EST) on TAG:Closing Date, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.