The Association of American Medical Colleges is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care by supporting the entire spectrum of medical education, medical research, and patient care conducted by our member institutions. We are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our goal to improve the health of all. The AAMC strives to make a positive impact not only in your career, but in your life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which features: • Significant employer 403(b) contribution • Public transportation subsidy • Generous paid time off program • Tuition reimbursement • Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
Why us, why now?
As the Manager of Member Services Operations, you will manage the business operations of Member Engagement and Member Services, a team dedicated to managing, measuring, and improving member engagement with the AAMC through both external constituent- and internal colleague-facing services.
The Manager will drive continuous improvements to work unit processes to increase productivity, enhance the customer experience, and reduce costs and risk, and collaborate closely with IT partners to help prioritize and complete technology projects, oversee integration with other systems, and maintain documentation. In this role, you will guide and partner with other internal departments to realize shared goals and get the most out of Member Services-managed platforms.
How will you make an impact?
· Oversee AAMC membership operations
· Ensure the timely collection of $15 million in dues revenue via annual membership renewal process in compliance with Accounts Receivable practices
· Ensure accurate member data management for 600+ institutional members
· Manage onboarding and offboarding of AAMC member institutions into/from the AAMC data ecosystem
· Develop, maintain, and distribute membership reporting, including financial reporting
· Partner with AAMC Finance to cooperate on required accounting activities
· Conduct analysis of membership data to identify trends and opportunities
· Ensure function successfully integrates work output and services with other internal departments, in particular by guiding and partnering with Council and Constituent Engagement stakeholders
Platform Management and Data Governance
· Serve as the daily POC for the technical platforms under Member Engagement/Member Services’ purview (e.g., netFORUM, CourseStage LMS, CommPartners, WebEx Virtual Classroom, SAP JAM, 6Connex, etc.)
· Oversee integration of these technical platforms with other systems
· Provide input on and follow processes for vendor management and procurement
· Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and systems to support platform operations
· Work with Director to coordinate the netFORUM roadmap and sprint planning
· Work with the team, IT, and stakeholders to prioritize and complete technical projects
· Assist with testing and change management activities for all platform upgrades
· Enforce the principles established by data governance teams
· Coordinate stakeholder groups in an effort to support the alignment of member services platforms and data with AAMC infrastructure goals related to IAM, CRM, Digital Business, and payment management.
Operations Process and Performance
· Drive continuous improvements to work unit processes to increase productivity, enhance the customer experience, and reduce costs and risks
· Generate and maintain reports on operational performance and other key areas
· Participate in setting customer service standards, measuring performance, and analyzing opportunities to improve
· Develop and maintain policies, procedures, knowledge articles, and other documentation to help ensure efficient and consistent operations
· Support development of new products, data reporting, and infrastructure to meet Member Engagement/Member Services team and customer needs
· Manage virtual learning activities in coordination with vendor partners and internal stakeholders
· Help coordinate projects that rely on the Member Services-managed platforms
What will you bring to the role?
· Bachelor’s Degree requires, plus 8 years of relevant association management experience, preferably with membership programs and services; 1-3 years managing a specialized program
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), project management, and leadership skills
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage both minute tasks and big picture programs
· Ability to accomplish projects and be accountable to tasks with minimal supervision
· Continuous process improvement mindset
· Strong customer service orientation
· Ability to build rapport and credibility with internal and external stakeholders across the organization at every level
· Hands-on experience with an association management system, customer relationship management system, or membership database, including reporting tools and concepts
· Strong quantitative skills: data analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and knowledge of accounting concepts (experience with revenue reporting and budget oversight preferred)
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative?? Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
About Association of American Medical Colleges
Founded in 1876 and based in Washington, D.C., the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is a not-for-profit association representing all 145 accredited U.S. and 17 accredited Canadian medical schools; nearly 400 major teaching hospitals and health systems, including 51 Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers; and 80 academic and scientific societies. Through these institutions and organizations, the AAMC represents 128,000 faculty members, 75,000 medical students, and 110,000 resident physicians.
Through its programs and services, the AAMC strengthens the world's most advanced medical care by supporting the entire spectrum of education, research, and patient care activities conducted by our member institutions. The AAMC and our members are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our desire to earn and keep the public's trust for the role we play in improving the nation's health.