Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
Our Government business is growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? If you are passionate about developing creative business proposals and agreements that contribute to the success of the company then Viasat has a great career opportunity for you.
Viasat’s very successful and growing Government Systems is further expanding with the creation of our Cyber and Secure Networking business area. We need an engaged, proactive, team oriented Sr. Contracts Manager who can support these critical and promising growth areas to enhance our existing leadership base of Tactical Data Links, Military SATCOM and Information Assurance, Secure Communications, trusted encryption, and networking solutions for governments around the world.
Reporting to the V.P., of Contracts you will be the business area lead and part of Viasat's Contracts Staff to represent the company to a variety of government and private customers on transactional contracts and creative strategic agreements. You will be working with US and foreign governments and commercial companies and empowered to propose, prepare and negotiate contracts and partner agreements.
You will lead cross-functional teams in negotiations and exercise independent judgment in managing all phases of contract execution and customer interaction. The ability to identify and articulate key deal points, conduct transactional risk assessment and mitigation, and prepare for negotiation is necessary. You will effectively communicate with various levels of internal management on contractual issues and offerings in order to develop and coordinate business positions and contractual terms. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, have experience in creatively solving unique problems for improved results, and is a self-starter with the ability to work within broad guidelines. You should have depth of knowledge in government contracting practices, developing creative business models, terms and conditions risk assessments and support of major government, commercial and international programs.
• 7+ years of progressive government contracts experience and accomplishments including the creation of contracts, proposals and agreements.
• Able to quickly comprehend business deals, provide strategic input, and effectively tailor the agreements to better meet company objectives.
• Ability to develop and apply solutions to complex problems requiring a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
• Advanced understanding of DoD acquisition policy.
• A superior proficiency in drafting commercial contracts and strategic agreements such as Teaming Agreements, Terms Sheets, Licenses, Sales Representative Agreements and negotiating with a keen eye to recognize and minimize company risk and maximize Viasat’s profitable execution success.
• Skilled communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and administer various responsibilities with internal and external customers while meeting deadlines in a professional and organized manner.
• U.S. Government position. U.S. Citizenship required.
• Willingness and ability to secure a U.S. Government security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
• Travel up to 10%.
Internal Number: 1655
ViaSat produces innovative satellite and other digital communication products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to any location. We bring today’s new communication applications to people out of reach of terrestrial networks, in both the commercial and government sectors, with a variety of networking products and services.
Here you’ll find a company that is always asking,” What’s next?”, with the vertically integrated set of technologies to push the limits of what is possible for your system and service performance.
Satellite networks for fixed-site and mobile communications
Satellite antenna systems
Wireless datalinks and terminals for combat situational awareness
Cybersecurity and Information Assurance for military networking and encrypted data storage
Mobile IP networking for soldiers
Communication microprocessor chipsets
Application and communication acceleration
Satellite network and RF system design
Communication simulation and training systems
Global mobile satellite services
Satellite broadband services for consumers, business, and government customers in the U.S.