Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
As part of the continued growth and globalization of the firm's Sustainable Investment platform, we are seeking to recruit an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Analyst to the Investment Research team. Based in London, this individual will conduct fundamental ESG research, bringing a deep understanding of the material ESG issues within their coverage sector(s), and will effectively communicate differentiated investment insights to Portfolio Managers and Analysts, so that they can be incorporated into our clients' portfolios.
In addition, the ESG Analyst will be responsible for leading the stewardship activities for his/her sector by making voting recommendations to equity holders, and for maintaining and executing engagements on ESG topics with company management teams and Boards, in collaboration with Equity and Fixed Income investors at the firm. He/she will also have the opportunity to represent the team and communicate the firm's ESG integration process to clients, consultants, and prospects.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
* Investment acumen and passion - we are seeking an ESG Analyst who is passionate about both markets and sustainability issues, and has experience analyzing ESG issues in the investment process. The ideal candidate will bring subject matter expertise on governance topics and environmental and social issues, along with an understanding of how these issues can impact an investment thesis;
* Superior collaboration and influencing skills - the successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment, and will embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. He/she will build strong, trusting relationships internally with colleagues, and externally with clients, prospects, and company management teams/Boards. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others. He/she must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action oriented investment recommendations clearly and with conviction, and contribute to an open sustainable investment dialogue is important.
* Growth mindset - the flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an Analyst. He/she will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the evolution of sustainable investing and ESG.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics are likely to include:
* A minimum of 7 years of experience in a related role, ideally at an Investment Management organization;
* Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
*Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
* Capacity for differentiated thinking and ability to problem solve effectively;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
* Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
* Global perspective.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE ESG Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .