GDIT is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator in support of human subject clinical research studies for the 59th Medical Wing (59 MDW) located at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
The 59th Medical Wing Science and Technology (ST) office advises and conducts clinical and translational research on matters pertaining to the medical aspects of the Air Expeditionary Force and the health of Air Force (AF) personnel and beneficiaries. In order to support the required research, ST offices conduct translational research in the areas of emergency medical care, combat casualty care, force health protection, restorative medicine, clinical and rehabilitative medicine and specialty centers.
The Clinical Research Coordinator will support Government directors, Principal Investigators (PI's,) in the planning, programming, and execution of clinical research projects and protocols and associated activities.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Maintains study records in accordance with protocols, study schedules, participant observations, and provides follow up documentation to the PI.
• For human research studies, assists with study enrollment and activities related to the conduct of the study.
• Coordinates one (1) to several simultaneous projects for the PI/director; confers with investigator on experimental design; provides instruction on various research laboratory techniques, and study participant contact procedures.
• Organizes research information; manages reporting and data collection.
• Monitors research study budget.
• Research equipment/supply catalogs, and recommend purchase requests for projects/protocols in accordance with the IRB.
• Documents all regulatory research and administrative actions to ensure study compliance.
• Prepares/delivers required reports and other research documentation to PI.
• Prepares correspondence, builds study files, develop schedules, and presentation graphics to support the research study.
• Uses available software systems, specifically which includes the current accounts tracking systems, publication submissions, purchase orders, credit card purchases, and preparation of forms for incoming and out coming funds.
What You'll Need (required):
• Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences or a closely related field.
• 2+ years’ minimum experience in clinical research.
• Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication.
• Computer skills including at least intermediate level experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office Software.
• Knowledge of CFR, GCP and ICH guidelines.
• Must successfully complete CITI training and remain current.
• Completed GCP training and familiar with GCP in practice. • Demonstrated FDA regulatory experience.
What Would Be Even Better (preferred):
• Master's degree highly preferred.
Attributes for Success:
• Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly and professional demeanor.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Internal Number: RQ69415
About GDIT- Military Health
Every day, millions of healthcare professionals rely on critical technologies to save, heal, and enhance the lives of their patients. That’s why we enable healthcare institutions to modernize without compromising: bringing the security, speed, and area expertise they need to continuously deliver.
GDIT prepares health organizations to address new challenges and identify opportunities through the application of technology and services—from making sense of big health data to driving efficiencies through IT to advancing medical research.