As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Working in a closely supervised production environment the AP Representative is responsible for performing the production functions within the department. Such functions shall include the accurate and timely auditing of check requests, employee travel & entertainment reimbursements (T&E), and non-employee reimbursements and/or the accurate and timely validation (e.g. review for accuracy and completeness then process for payment) of scanned invoices. Achievement of minimum production volumes being essential to the reliable operation of the AP department in view of the extremely high volume of payment requests received, the AP Representative must demonstrate a high degree of focus and attention to detail and sustain such for extended periods of time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews and evaluates with respect to completeness and compliance all check requests, employee reimbursements, and non-employee reimbursements
• Ensures all payment requests have appropriate back-up documentation attached
• Identifies out-of-policy check requests and routes them to the AP Problem Auditor for secondary review
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the PeopleSoft Accounts Payable module.
• Recognizes error patterns among end user documents, calling out non-compliant end users to AP Production Supervisor
• Recognizes error patterns among invoices, rejecting discrepant invoices for review
• Demonstrates Service Excellence in all interactions with internal and external customers
• Associates Degree preferred • 2 years Accounts Payable or similar production-based experience strongly recommended
• Accurate data entry in a high volume context required • PeopleSoft Financials experience a plus • Familiarity with image management software a plus • Ability to accurately type approximately 50 keystrokes per minute • Familiarity with standard PC software programs: Excel, Word, Access • Ability to analyze and process Excel based spreadsheets • Attention to detail
EEO Statement Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).