As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration. General Summary Mass General Brigham's Enterprise Data and Digital Health (EDDH) initiative is working to expand access to digital tools and technologies that address significant health care challenges. By providing resources and coordinated support, EDDH is helping to take innovative care solutions that have been successful at our academic medical centers and make them available to all institutions across the system. EDDH will advance foundational investments in data, analytics, technology, AI, and machine learning.
As we respond to increasing healthcare market pressures and learn about new opportunities to advance patient care, research, and education, digital health is vital to the future of the system and growth strategies. The EDDH initiative will work to further engage patients in their health care journeys and enable Mass General Brigham's future, providing world-class clinical care with the best possible experience for patients.
Position Summary The Server and Storage Engineering Services Team is responsible for designing and deploying new data center infrastructure technologies and services as a component of the overall architecture to meet business needs. The infrastructure includes on prem and hybrid cloud services, virtualization, server hardware and operating systems, storage, and databases. It also includes the tools for automation, management and monitoring of those technologies. The Design team is accountable for the roadmap, architecture and transition to Operations.
The team works closely with the Server and Storage Operations Team, Integrated Network and Voice communication IS Support Services (Desktop and Mobile Endpoint), and the MGB CTO and Site CIOs as well as various working groups in the organization to continue the evolution of the data center infrastructure (both physical and virtual) and various cloud service provides.
The team is also responsible for architecture, design and documentation of new and emerging data center infrastructure technologies for use throughout MGB, which includes infrastructure certification environment and keeping the center up to date.
This position is responsible for collaborating with other architects, systems engineers and other technical colleagues to plan portions of the cloud enterprise architecture environment as well as act as the steward for cloud architectural principles and standards. You will evaluate current technology solutions while planning, designing, and coordinating multi-year hybrid cloud roadmaps for all applications and support activities. Principal Duties and Responsibilities • Creation and application of cloud-focused principles and standards to ensure a scalable, flexible, resilient, and secure environment.
• Configure and deploy new designs/solutions in the MGB Infrastructure (on prem, hybrid and cloud).
• Architecture recommendations around data integrity, backups, restores, failovers and disaster recovery.
• Act as the cloud subject matter expert.
• Technical consultation on complex projects.
• Knowledge sharing with peer groups regarding new cloud-based initiatives.
• Attend vendor roadmap discussions and MGB roadmap discussions to stay knowledgeable about both business needs and solutions that may fit our environment.
• Actively participates in design critiques and presents creative design options and storyboards to product development team members, ensuring that visual design communicates and functions successfully for varying user, technical and performance specifications.
• Builds prototypes to illustrate design concepts and user interaction principles. Able to create intelligent and compelling user interaction designs.
• Understand impact of existing applications and system data structures on design of enhancements or new applications.
• Collaborate with the team to create vRealize development activities and assist in automating the creation of cloud blueprints. • Identification & technical development of vRealize Scripts, Workflows Orchestrations.
• Writes technical requirements documents.
• Uses the MGB HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Performs all other duties as required.
Qualifications • Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or a related discipline or 7 years related experience.
• 7+ years of experience converting business requirements into workable solutions as a software engineer.
• 7+ years of cloud solution, technical, and business architecture.
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to use architecture and automation to drive agility, and how to shift architecture and development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures. • 3+ years of hands on vRealize Platform and development experience. • 5+ years of experience with Cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, Google). • Experience implementing solutions at an enterprise level. • Understand the fundamentals of database design, and web service (SOAP and REST) integrations.
Skills/Abilities/Competencies Required • Knowledge in applying a multi-cloud technical knowledge to design cloud solutions that meet business, and IT needs. • Experience in ensuring proposed cloud solutions exhibit high levels of cost-efficiency, performance, security, scalability, maintainability and reliability. • Knowledge of converged networking environment. • Knowledge of Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and AIX. • Experience with VMware (Vrealize Suite a plus). • Scripting skills with Powershell and ansible. • Experience in a various storage environment. • Experience with Network protocols. • Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to work independently or as an active member of a team, willing to take initiative to outline work tasks and deliverables, and to meet with other teams across the organization to develop solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates initiative, analytical evaluation, and constructive thinking skills.
• Shows ability to change focus and manage transitions.
• High degree of creativity and "outside-the-box" thinking.
• Demonstrates an ability to translate design specifications into working web applications.
• Has ability to understand the work environment and manage competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
• Understands the dynamic nature of the requirements gathering, analysis, and prototyping process.
• Detail oriented, with excellent testing and quality assurance skills.
Working Conditions Standard Office Environment, travel to other local offices as required. Must serve on on-call rotation once-per-month Supervisory Responsibility None Fiscal Responsibility None
EEO Statement Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).