As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• High Volume Call Center responsible for responding to incoming calls from employees and vendors
• Processes a variety of routine and complex financial and non-financial transactions while meeting or exceeding team standards for productivity and quality
• Maintains proper documentation of telephone calls.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory intervention.
• Responds accurately to inquiries/complaints by dissemination of information through telephone, written correspondence and in person, thus ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Resolves problems in a timely manner, assuring department's dedication to quality.
• Compiles and analyzes customer complaint inquiries, researches and updates verbal and written responses for all customer inquiries and complaints.
• Generates computer and manual data to identify/correct root causes of problems.
• Keeps current on trends and issues and recommends appropriate action to key management.
• Acts as a consultant to management by analyzing data and interpreting results in oral and written presentations.
• Develops and maintains up to date information by inputting information into the computer system and updating manuals and files for efficient handling of responses.
• Identifies and initiates productivity, efficiency and cost savings measures to management.
• Additional duties as assigned by department management.
• Is a model of Service Excellence to demonstrate appropriate and professional behavior. Ensures proper communication and collaboration within the department, across the PHS network, and with external customers, in keeping with the PHS Finance Service Excellence Guiding Principles.
This position requires a Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience and training.
• Must be able to present clear, concise oral and written reports to upper management. Incumbent must possess a working knowledge of PHS or demonstrate an ability to develop it rapidly.
• Requires experience and knowledge in a strong customer support environment.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems (PeopleSoft ERP, CISCO VIOP and ServiceNow)
• Proven analytical skills are required.
• Negotiation skills desired
• Excellent follow-up skills and attention to details
• Must have very strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint skills
• Knowledge of P2P tools - end user functionality
• In depth knowledge of purchase to pay processes
• Proficiency: ERP/P2P systems SAP/Oracle
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
MGH Institute of Health Professions, founded by Massachusetts General Hospital in 1977, is an innovative and independent graduate school in Boston that is a member of Partners HealthCare. A progressive leader in developing comprehensive models of health care education, the MGH Institute prepares advanced practice professionals in the fields of nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and communication sciences and disorders through a distinctive combination of academic study, clinical practice, and research. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in graduate level and certificate programs, with an increasing number of courses available online. The Institute is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).