The position also provides oversight for the day-to-day operation of the CMVE, locate on the Virginia Beach Campus. The Director of the CMVE reports directly to the Dean of Student Support Services.
* Provide leadership for the development, execution, and assessment of programs and services for military-related students.
* Provide leader for the operation of the Center for Military and Veterans Education.
* Develop CMVE strategies to reflect the college performance metrics, through collaboration with college student and academic affairs leadership teams and other functional areas.
* Ensure the CMVE is appropriately integrated with the functional areas of the college, and its infrastructure is effective and efficient in fulfilling its purpose.
* In collaboration with members of the Center for Military and Veterans Education and the Regional Workforce Development Center teams, develop and implement a comprehensive annual plan for serving local, state and federal agencies and employees.
* Lead and manage a staff of military advisors/base representatives at the various military bases in South Hampton Roads, interacting with the Navy College offices to ensure that programming at each location is adequate and appropriate, while meeting the service memberâ™s needs.
* Perform routine internal and external analysis of military, business, industry, and college needs to implement strategic planning.
* Build relationships with current and potential defense supportive businesses, industry, and organizations to develop, implement, and sustain military-related student initiatives.
* Work with military-related partners and customers, including members from government, Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security, (DHS), business, and industry to develop marketing materials, requests for proposals, grants, contracts and other opportunities in support of education and training initiatives throughout the college's service area and globally.
* Develop, implement, and manage education and training projects and programs that provide for professional development from initiation to final program delivery, using current management practices and principles in a highly complex and team-oriented environment.
* Coordinate with the Director of Military and Veterans Services in the development of student support services at the various bases as provided by the military advisor/base representatives for students in credit and non-credit open enrollment and contract training programs.
* Coordinate and oversee the TCC/ODU/NSU Army and Navy Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs.
* Develop, plan, and coordinate contracts, grants, and proposals through collaborative efforts with military-related organizations to include customer and student recruitment, resource development, outreach, and effective service delivery.
* Draft, monitor, and assist with the establishment of training agreements, special arrangement contracts, and memorandums of understanding for use of facilities and providing cost-effect education and training opportunities to military-related organizations globally.
* Assist with writing funding proposals, program development, and program reporting to ensure continuous program growth and development in collaboration with TCC Grants and Sponsored Programs and the TCC Educational Foundation.
* various systems which announce the availability of grants, contracts, and/or requests-for-proposal initiatives that are within the capabilities of the college and the CMVE to initiate education and training opportunities, and communicate potential grant, contracting, and request-for-proposal opportunities to appropriate operating units within the college.
* Maintain current knowledge of various contracting procedures, regulations, and policies in compliance with Office of Management and Budget (0MB), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations System (DFAR), and Commonwealth of Virginia contracting policies and procedures.
* Coordinate and convene a Military Advisory Committee to ensure the programs and services offered by TCC and the CMVE meet the education and workforce needs of military-related personnel in Hampton Roads.
* Conduct outreach to the college community, universities, non-profits, military, and commercial and consumer entities to generate interest in military-related programs and services.
* Collaborate with TCC marketing, visual communications, and public relations leadership to develop a comprehensive marketing plan for government programs and to communicate CMVE programs and initiatives to the military and the general public.
* Elevate the profile of the CMVE and TCC military-student support functions through participation in workgroups, conferences, symposiums, and other military focused events or designated projects, such as national surveys.
* Provide college leadership with regular reports on military recruitment, activities, and opportunities and perform assessments of those areas.
* Liaison with Financial Services for the payment of invoices by military commands, activities and units.
* Serve as point of contact for VCCS, Department of Defense (DOD), Veterans Administration, and the Virginia Department of Veterans Services (DVS) and other military focused organizations for military-related issues, policy, and programs.
* Perform such other tasks as assigned by the Dean of Student Support Services.
* Masterâ™s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
* At least 10 years experience as an active duty member of the military, with preference to the US Navy.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in functions as delineated above, preferably in a community college setting.
* Demonstrated experience in leadership, program development, project management, and budgeting.
* Demonstrated experience as it relates to military academic advising/counseling.
* Experience developing and coordinating contracts, MOUs, and training agreements with military related organizations.
* Knowledge of military transcripts and ability to use the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Business development, contracting, project management, and customer interaction in a military-related environment.
* Experience in a supervisory, project or program coordinator-level environment in business, industry, government, or the military.
* Managing, overseeing, and leading personal and professional development projects and or programs.
* Writing, researching, developing, and delivering customer-service proposals.
* Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, through proposals, presentations, and correspondence with business, industry, government, and/or military entities.
* Collaborating and maintaining effective working relationships with government agencies, military commands, business and industry, and/or workforce development education and training providers.
* Interpreting policies, procedures, and program requirements to write detailed narrative and statistical grants, reports and or proposals, develop and execute recruitment and enrollment activities for military service members;
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, effectively, and efficiently;
* Collaborate on projects across a large, complex organization and with external constituents, including establishing project deadlines and schedules;
* Work independently and effectively in a team setting, frequently within short deadlines;
* Prepare and deliver oral presentations and brief written reports;
* Articulate the value of community colleges in advancing the military service member and dependentâ™s educational goals;
* Communicate with internal and external constituencies in a persuasive and professional manner, including articulating the collegeâ™s mission and message with clarity and enthusiasm, while establishing strategic cooperative working relationships with a diverse array of groups and individuals.
* Working knowledge of PC environment and working familiarity with word processes, presentation, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and use of the internet.
Internal Number: 35140
About Tidewater Community College
Virginia's Community College's educate 240,000 credit students annually and over 170,000 non-credit students at 23 Community Colleges with over 40 campus locations throughout the Commonwealth. Our mission is to provide comprehensive higher education and workforce training programs and services of superior quality. These programs are financially and geographically accessible to meet the individual, business, and community needs of the Commonwealth.