The Control Office is a function that sits within the markets business within the Markets & Securities Services area of HSBC. The Control Office helps manage and control non-financial and new risks in the business, including but not limited to operational, conduct and product lifecycle risk.
An overarching purpose is to protect HSBC, its People, Clients and Financial Markets by helping safeguarding the delivery of fair outcomes to our customers and avoiding disruption of the orderly and transparent operation of Financial Markets.
* Providing support and input for the design and operation of governance framework within MSS
* Responsibility for key processes owned by the governance function.
* Direct involvement in key business risk and control initiatives, including incident analysis of top risks and lessons learned
* Support the lessons learned governance process including identification of enhancements
* Policy development including policy pipeline and coordination of review feedback from asset class PAFs and Regional CCO's Central reference point for users.
* Process KPI process including control checks for inbound data and monthly reconciliations.
* Project Administration, providing support to PMO function for project planning and reporting processes.
* A strong governance framework is critical for effective risk management in the business. The role plays a key part in helping the Markets business to understand and manage their risks within the governance framework, with a direct impact on the achievement of high level business objectives through improved decision making.
* The individual will be helping to monitor and develop the governance framework in Markets, including key policies and business standards.
* The role will require questioning of businesses where required, to enable any required changes in business governance, policies or processes.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
* Strong Organisational skills - able to handle multiple task concurrently, collate documents from varied sources, arrange and attend meetings.
* Expert user of Office applications
* Prior experience within a change environment (both technology and non-technology motivated) with good understanding of project management / business analysis principles
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - will be dealing directly with a wide range of stakeholders on a daily basis
* Experience of reviewing and/or drafting policies and procedures
* Governance experience would be ideal, but can be taught / developed
* Law graduate, or background in legal / compliance ideal but not essential
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.