You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely.
"I can succeed at Capital Group as a Business Data Governance Manager"
A highly motivated individual and a self-starter with experience in data governance, you are comfortable implementing industry best practice for EACG's data quality, governance, and usage. Your expertise with data will ensure data is being well understood and governed actively while we develop and enable successful implementation of data governance strategies across the EACG. Every day, you'll serve as thought leader in applying data governance practices and solutions in complex situations.
* Build best-in-class data governance procedures to support the required analytics and reporting capabilities for the EACG business both short and long-term
* Develop a thorough understanding of our EACG business so requirements are accurately reflected to the wider technology teams including IT and Global Architecture forums ensuring the best outcome for stakeholders
* Deliver business value by anticipating future business needs and identifying opportunities to enhance data governance operations and processes
* Produce and oversee a testing template for all new data ingestion projects, updating current processes where needed
* Create and own data quality dashboards allowing analytics teams to quickly see any issues with incoming data and alert the business where needed
* Work closely with third-party vendors and internal IT partners, ensuring end-to-end data quality assurance from external source to final reporting solutions
* Partner with IT to enhance our infrastructure, identifying key gaps that we need to fill as we scale
* Own and maintain Data Dictionaries for sources and systems across Europe and Asia
"I am the person Capital Group is looking for."
* You're well versed in data governance practices, including data governance program lifecycles, data stewardship and usage practices, metadata, lineage, UAT and data quality management within the finance industry.
* You have advanced knowledge of data management, data catalogues, and reporting tools/applications (e.g. Collibra, AWS, Informatica, Ab Initio, Tableau, Power BI).
* You've led large scale projects with a focus on incorporating data governance capabilities to maintain the health of end-to-end data supply chain when new solutions are implemented. You work well with and through others, often leading efforts to find a common solution.
* You find yourself wondering "what if" often. Your curiosity allows you to consult in a manner that adds value in a variety of settings.
* You take the time to create and maintain meaningful relationships. You're a generous collaborator. You've fine-tuned your communication style to influence a variety of personalities.
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
"I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Segment: Database, Data Management, Social Media, Quality Assurance, Technology, Data, Marketing
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation, and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, Capital Group’s goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. Private ownership allows us to keep our eyes on the long term while more than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day.