We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled engineering lead for Market Intelligence. We strive to deliver solutions that are sector-specific, data-rich, and hyper-targeted for evolving business needs. Our lead Software developers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. You will be expected to participate in the design review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, Business Analysts, and Infrastructure Teams.
Market Intelligence is seeking a Lead Software Developer to create software design, development, and maintenance for data processing applications. This person would be part of a development team that manages and supports the internal & external applications that is supporting the business portfolio. This role expects a candidate to handle any data processing, big data application development. We have teams made up of people that learn how to work effectively together while working with the larger group of developers on our platform. Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers working from India, Denver, New York, and London to help advance our technology.
What's in it for you:
* Ability to work with and build a world class Platform Engineering group.
* Highly technical hands-on role which will help enhance team skills.
* Fast-paced agile environment that deals with huge volumes of data, so you'll have an opportunity to sharpen your software development and data skills and work on an emerging technology stack.
* Work on Tier-1 applications that are in the critical path for the business.
* Ability to work on cutting edge technologies such as Cloud AWS, NIFI.
* Ability to grow within the organization that's part of the global team.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 - $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
* Design and development of applications for S&P Global Market Intelligence web sites and its content systems.
* Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, Testing, De-bugging & Documentation.
* Develop software applications based on clear business specifications.
* Work on new initiatives and support existing content applications.
* Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
* Develop web-based applications and build rich front-end user interfaces.
* Build applications with object-oriented concepts and apply design patterns.
* Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
* Setup development environment / sandbox for application development.
* Check-in application code changes into the source repository.
* Perform unit testing of application code and fix errors.
* Interface with databases to extract information and build reports.
* Effectively interact with customers, business users and IT staff.
* Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science , Information Systems or equivalent.
* 5+ year's experience in application development
* Strong . NET(C#) or JAVA and SQL skills
* Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like SAFe , Test-driven development
* Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT , Continuous Integration , unit-testing tool and defect management tools
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience with Object oriented Java script such as React JS, Angular JS, Ext-JS
* Experience with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark , NiFi
* Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka etc.
* Expertise in building even driven scalable & resilient systems
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success while choosing the proper methodologies and policies to support broad business goals
* Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
* Experience in the Financial services domain is a plus.
* Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS , Azure, or GCP
* Experience in SnowFlake , Databricks
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important--some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.