Location: Ashland, Massachusetts
The idealcandidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have adesire and ability to work with a diverse population.
The purpose of this positionis to perform and oversee maintenance, repair and/or alteration of building andrelated structures located on the Framingham, Ashland and Wellesley campuses ofMassBay Community College.
Thisperson is designated as a member of the essential personnel team that responds to weather related andother emergencies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Determine the need for repair or maintenance of building structures and equipment;
- Schedule and oversight of contractors performing services for the building;
- Work both independently and as a team;
- Oversee the daily cleaning of buildings;
- Use computerized work order maintenance management system (FMX) to input, track, schedule and verify college-wide work requests, preventative maintenance and emergency needs;
- Perform the work necessary for the upkeep, maintenance and repair of buildings and related structures including painting, masonry, woodwork and/or maintaining and repairing building utility systems which includes heating, ventilating, air conditioning using power and small hand tools;
- Perform related work: adjusting heat and air conditioning control to maintain appropriate temperature, requisitioning supplies and equipment;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on mechanical equipment, and tools;
- Perform general maintenance tasks along with daily building responsibilities;
- Liaison with IT, Campus Security, Events, and other college departments;
- Interact with faculty and staff on a daily basis;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Support MassBay's commitment to the Equity Agenda; collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the College's strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay's commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality;
- Contribute to discussion and review of applicable College policies with a critical lens toward diversity, equity and inclusion.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Minimum of two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in building maintenance, repair and/or construction or in a building construction trade;
- Knowledge of the types and uses of equipment and materials used in building maintenance and repair work;
- Knowledge of the safety practices and procedures followed in building maintenance and repair work;
- Knowledge of the standard preventative maintenance procedures followed in connection with building structures;
- Knowledge and skill in the types and uses of small hand tools such as pliers, chisels, hammers, etc;
- Knowledge and skill in the types and uses of hand-help power tools such as drills;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to give oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans, blueprints, specifications, drawings, job layouts and schematics;
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the policies, procedures specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement;
- Ability to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time;
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects;
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolds;
- Physical stamina and endurance;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Manual dexterity.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students;
- A diploma or certificate from a recognized trade, vocational or vocational school at high school level or higher, with a major in HVAC or Electrical or Plumbing;
- Minimum of three years related experience working in higher education;
- Minimum of three years related experience performing preventative maintenance on mechanical systems;
- Experience working with building automation systems;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work independently;
- Experience using a computerized work order system.
Must have a valid Massachusetts Class D motor vehicle operator's license.
Salary Range: AFSCME Unit II, Grade 15 Step 1, $47,338.98 annually. Appointmentsfrom outside the bargaining unit begin at Step 1 of the range.
Position Type: Please find the link to the Commonwealth ofMassachusetts Human Resources Division Classification Specification for the position,
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Please include a letter of interest and resume with your online application.
All MassBay Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, email@example.com, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.