To be considered for this position, applicants must:
- Meet the required qualifications as outlined in this announcement.
- Complete the online application profile at: https://www.pierce.ctc.edu/hr.
- Apply for the specific job opening.
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how you meet the required qualifications as outlined in this announcement. At Pierce College, we value culturally competent and compassionate individuals who bridge diverse backgrounds and perspectives in support of academic equity and excellence. In your cover letter, please address how you will support the mission of Pierce College to create quality educational opportunities for a diverse community of learners to thrive in an evolving world. Please include in your response how your previous education and/or professional experience contribute to your effectiveness in promoting a climate of student success for a diverse community of learners. (Cover Letter)
- Upload (attach) detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
- Transcripts are not required in order to apply for this position; however, if you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to bring copies of unofficial transcripts showing completion of the required level of education. Please upload current copies of your transcripts, if available. Unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts must include degree received and conferral date. International transcripts must include a foreign transcript evaluation. For a list of approved credential evaluation services visit: www.naces.org/members.html (Unofficial transcripts acceptable for application process; official transcripts required upon hire). (Transcripts)
- Upload (attach) a list of at least two professional references with names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted. (References)
Provide a response to the following question (Supplemental Question):
- Briefly describe how you have worked in your previous or current positions to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in your organizations and how you would do that in this position.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) classified, overtime-eligible position with Pierce College District. This position is permanent after serving a 6-month probationary period. The primary work location will be at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom campus. Occasional travel to Pierce College campuses or sites may occur. Work hours are between 3:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 12:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Fridays with occasional evenings and weekend work, and occasional travel as required. This position may be subject to reassignment between campuses or sites.
Salary & Benefits:
Dependent upon qualifications, the starting salary of this position is $2,827, with periodic increments up to $3,401 monthly. However, your paycheck is just part of the total compensation package. There is an outstanding benefits package which is worth an additional value equivalent to about 30% of your salary. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance. Life and long-term disability insurance plans; vacation, sick and personal leave; reduced tuition; and retirement benefits are also provided. For more information, please visit our Benefits and Leave website at: https://www.pierce.ctc.edu/hr- benefits
Physical Work Environment:
This position is required to work indoors in an open office environment, which requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity, precision, and is subject to frequent noise and interruptions.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. Following the review of application materials, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Check the email account you used for the application process for communication regarding the status of your application. Application materials submitted to Pierce College are the property of the College and will not be returned.
Please note: This is a competitive selection process. Your application materials will be reviewed and evaluated based on the minimum qualifications listed for the position. Applicants whose qualifications most closely correspond to the District's needs will be eligible for further consideration.
Conditions of Employment:
Pierce College is a “fully vaccinated campus” under the state’s higher education guidance, which means that COVID-19 vaccination (or allowable exemption) will be required for all employees and students. More information can be found here: Vaccination Requirements.
Prior to the start of employment, finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington State Law RCW 28B.112.080.
An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H-1B visa. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by the Washington Public Employee Association (WPEA).
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
For more information about this position or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Sean Cooke - Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Tami Jacobs - ADACO/Section 504 Coordinator
Holly Gorski - Vice President for Human Resources
Paula Henson-Williams - District Affirmative Action Officer
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498