ABOUT SHU REN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Shu Ren International School (Pre-K–5th grade) inspires a love of learning through an inquiry-based, Mandarin immersion program that prepares students to thrive in an evolving global society. Founded in Berkeley, California in 2008, Shu Ren recently opened a second campus in San Jose, California. We are committed to a high-quality education for all our learners. We focus on three critical components: Inquiry-based learning, multilingual and multicultural education, and development of the whole child, which we believe are essential to navigating an increasingly complex world.
Shu Ren International School is committed to empowering students to become internationally-minded critical thinkers and lifelong learners. Through our engaging, inquiry-based environment students reach their full academic potential and become caring, multilingual, and culturally literate global citizens.
Shu Ren International School is an IB World School authorized for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
SHU REN SAN JOSE CAMPUS
Shu Ren recently opened a second campus location in San Jose, CA serving families in the San Jose metro area including Willow Glen, Cupertino, Mountain View, Saratoga, Los Gatos and Milpitas. Our new beautifully updated campus currently houses our preschool and kindergarten classes with capacity to serve more than 300 students in grades pre-K to 5th. The current site will also have room for a small middle school.
We are looking for a Head of School who is excited to become a part of our international and multilingual community to lead, grow and expand our new campus in San Jose, CA. Reporting directly to the CEO of the School’s Parent Company, the Head of School will provide leadership and oversight of the School’s day -to -day operations as well as support curriculum development, admissions activities, community engagement, teacher recruitment, and professional development.
The ideal candidate believes deeply in the mission and vision of Shu Ren International School, takes pride in our holistic, inquiry-based approach to learning and supports the development of confident and knowledgeable students who demonstrate global awareness and who contribute compassionately to the world around them.
To inspire and lead
- Model the highest educational and professional standards.
- Attract, develop and retain a diverse, talented teaching and administrative team.
- Build strong relationships among faculty, parents and students
- Encourage faculty to explore and initiate innovations in teaching practices
- Collaborate and liaise with the various stakeholder groups that comprise the school community
- Maintain a welcoming, diverse and inclusive school climate and culture
- Follow inclusive decision making practices and maintain open lines of communication
To Grow and Build
- Develop a strategic vision for leading the school to the highest levels of excellence in all areas of the school’s operations; student outcomes, people management & development, enrollment retention and growth, fiscal and budgetary success.
- Support the recruitment and admission of new students through outreach efforts
- Promote the school’s growth and development through strong organizational practices, sound fiscal management
To Oversee and Strengthen
- Manage the school’s annual budget set in conjunction with the School’s Governing Board with prudent financial policies, procedures and practices to remain within budget.
- Collaborate with the administrative team and faculty to coordinate the development and review of effective administrative procedures.
- Review, update and uphold all school policies and ensure they are understood and followed
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A passionate, optimistic and dynamic educational leader
- Appreciation of diversity and culturally sensitive and an effective cross-cultural communicator
- Demonstrated kindness, integrity and moral character
- Ability to develop and maintain trust amongst constituent groups
- Warm and respectful to children and adolescents
- Focused on student learning, confident and goal oriented
- A pragmatic, flexible, versatile, and creative entrepreneurial innovator, principled in implementing solutions
- Proactive in analyzing, planning and implementing strategic action
- Consultative in style, leading responsibly and responsively through empowering the administrative team to make balanced, but sometimes difficult decisions
- An inclusive, articulate communicator who listens to and hears the opinions and concerns of community members and is able to address and respond to those opinions and concerns
- A visionary with the ability to embrace the bigger picture while paying appropriate attention to details
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Estimated salary range is $100,000-$150,000. The salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include: competitive salary, health insurance, retirement benefits, relocation allowance and others.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter we hope to learn about your educational philosophy, your strengths as a candidate, and what motivated you to apply for this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Shu Ren International School is committed to equal employment opportunity. The School does not discriminate against any employee or candidate for employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed (including religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, and physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, transfer, discipline, and termination.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements prior to appointment, which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance, fingerprint processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.