Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: TECHN005807
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plays a key role in the Second Line of Defense by building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders in the First Line to facilitate meaningful discussions about risk issues in the business.
- Provides and maintains an enterprise-wide framework for managing outsourcing and business continuity risks that supports the business objectives and comply with regulatory guidance.
- Creates and implements a technology risk framework that helps support management in the identification, measurement and aggregation of technology-related risks that arise through the introduction of new technology or are present through the on-going use and maintenance of existing information technology systems.
- Assesses and monitors the risk and control environment to ensure exposures are kept at an acceptable level and consults on risk mitigation plans, as appropriate
- Collaborates with leadership and other stakeholders to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and the Company's requirements and/or regulatory requirements.
- Remains informed of industry trends, best practices and regulatory expectations to provide guidance and structure to the lines of business to ensure risk management processes are both appropriately implemented and sound.
- Aggregates and reports risk information for management, committees and directors and ensures appropriate escalation of risk management issues.
- Business Resiliency and Disaster Recovery controls
- Business knowledge in the financial services sector with subject-matter expertise as it pertains to business functions
- Enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the enterprise
- Deep understanding of ever-evolving governance processes and regulatory environments
- Working horizontally across an organization and participating in enterprise-wide implementations of major policy and relevant risk programs
- Experience with regulatory reporting
- Demonstrated experience working in a rapidly changing and complex environment
- Make subjective and informed decisions based upon output, influence stakeholders and justify decision making
- Design controls, metrics, and ways to measure effectiveness
- Identify risks and confidently raise issues
- Analyze, problem solve with demonstrated excellence at identifying stakeholders, understanding needs, and driving decision-making/resolution through a consensus building approach
- Implement solutions through written action plans, procedures and change management
- Fluently articulate strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and action
Education & Training:
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing (or equivalent) required.
- 5-7 years' experience in risk management, auditing, accounting, or finance functions; financial industry experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required; Business Intelligence (BI) tools experience preferred.
Remote Eligible In: Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Ohio
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, work authorization status, work disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors