Maumee Valley Country Day School is seeking an innovative elementary teacher who uses a range of pedagogical techniques, including co-teaching, to reach all learners. An ideal candidate has experience differentiating instruction to lower school-aged students and creating lesson plans using real-world applications that reach a wide range of diverse learners.
This position reports to the Head of Middle School and collaborates closely with all faculty. As a full-time faculty member, the position offers all benefits afforded to full-time employees, including but not limited to, a rich and diverse offering of comprehensive health benefits, generous paid time off, paid life insurance, tuition remission, a generous retirement plan, and professional development.
4th Grade Classroom Teacher
Maumee Valley Country Day School currently has an opening for an outstanding elementary classroom teacher. The successful candidate must be a certified educator with experience working with elementary-age children and who possesses a true passion for developing a love of learning in his/her students.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of backward design, organizing instruction around established learning objectives, and the vital importance of planning
- Develops 4th grade curriculum in partnership with a co-teacher
- Meets performance goals established as part of the annual performance-planning process or as the result of organizational planning
- Actively engages in personal and professional work in support of the school’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Demonstrates a love for teaching and working with children
- Plans and leads instruction in language arts, social studies, science, and other subjects as needed
- Differentiates instruction to provide enrichment for more capable students and remediation for students who need additional learning support
- Possesses a strong understanding and ability to write and use a variety of assessment practices to determine student progress levels and create reteaching opportunities to assist students
- Creates developmentally appropriate learning experiences for young learners and uses best instructional practices to assist students in reaching high levels of academic growth
- Places a high value on productive collaboration between themselves and their grade-level partners, specialists, and academic support
- Goal-oriented; demonstrates a history of establishing and completing professional development goals focused on improving student performance
- Displays a personal passion for keeping abreast of educational research and effective practice
- Involves parents in their instructional program and creates strong home-school communication structures
- Works independently with minimum supervision
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to write and design differentiated 4th grade curricula and daily standards-based learning plans for a variety of learners;
- Innovation; and
- Familiarity with standards-based and mastery teaching and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or content area required (early childhood education preferred)
- Master’s degree in education preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching at the elementary level preferred
Must be willing and able to secure an Ohio Permanent Non-Tax certificate
or a professional teaching license. The school will support you in obtaining this once hired. However, it must be secured within the first six months of employment for compliance purposes.Background check:
All Maumee Valley employees and volunteers must agree to a comprehensive background check and confidentiality agreement.Equal Employment Opportunity
We are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all personnel and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, veteran status, ancestry, or citizenship, in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. We value a diverse workforce. Any employee who believes they have been discriminated against may discuss this with their supervisor or the Head of School.How to Apply:
Please use the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
At Maumee Valley Country Day School, children dream, explore, and cultivate their passions and strengths. Our faculty and staff do the same. We are more than a school and more than a group of people. We are a community of lifelong learners who inspire joy. Founded in 1884 and the only PK-12 independent school in northwest Ohio, we support an accomplished and diverse student body within a progressive academic program.
A Maumee Valley education is Personal, Experiential, and Global. It is a journey of discovery and action that defines each child’s learning experience. Through an intentionally crafted curriculum, including active lessons as well as serendipitous explorations, a Maumee Valley education launches children toward the investigation of the world and helps them find their place in it. With our students at the center of our decision-making, we aspire to seek understanding, grow in our compassion and empathy, and adapt to the ever-changing world our students will one day lead. Maumee Valley is grounded in our Mission
, Portrait of an MV Educator
, Portrait of an MV Graduate
, and commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe in collaboration, innovation, and the power of community.